Sunday 8 July 2018

The Weekend Guest

I've got two fur grandsons, Rooney and Ralphy, belonging to my sons and their families and I look after the dogs - separately - when they are away. It was the turn of Ralphy to stay for the weekend this time while his Mum and Dad were at a wedding.
Ralph garden
He usually brings a few toys to add to the ones I've got here and one of his favourites is a parrot which has got a look of a window cleaner I had doing my windows many years ago so I named it Doug after him.
Ralph and Doug
Ralphy is a quick learner and soon got used to the new command of 'bring Doug' and he'd fetch the parrot for me to throw so that he could catch it, his favourite game. His other toy is a moose which was a goodbye present from his much loved dog walker when they moved house. I named it Milly. It took him a while to get used to 'bring Milly' not so easy a sound as Doug but he was learning. Here are his thoughts on the matter.
Ralph and moose
Ralphy: I'z back here at Nana Shuffs house. Not much goes on here and I does a lot of sleeping but it is my meditation retreat - she sits in her recliner chair, I snoozes until somebody rings the bell or walks past the window then I sez 'I iz here and in charge. Nobody passes unnoticed.' I need to tell Nana Shuffs of their presence you see. How duz she know else?
When Nana is  playing with those light up boxes that all hoomans play with I know there is no point in me bestowing a toy upon her - doesn't she understand what an honour that is - but as soon as she takes her glasses off (I hear them click when she folds them) time to stretch, yawn and select a toy. Which to choose? I az a green thing with a big nose, Nana calls it 'Bring Doug' so that must be its name like I iz Ralph. As well I az a soft thing with a big nose that az lovely stuff that I can rip out of its innards and make patterns all over the floor - she throws this stuff away, I never knows why. I did az a nasty mishap today and a bit of the stuff got stuck in my throat and I coughed and coughed until my eyes watered but it went in the end. Nana Shuffs calls this soft chewy creature 'Bring Milly.'
I az to say I iz a mite disappointed. I heard by dog grapevine that she put live entertainment on for my cousin Rooney, a running creature that he chased down the garden.
Ratty in the snow
I'd love to have done that! All I've ever chased have been flapping creatures on the fence or a thing with a bushy tail. Not close enough to have a little nip at but quite fun, especially when Bushy Tail had to disentangle himself from the tree, woof woof!
Squirrel feeder
Ah well, it's tiring jumping round the room after Doug and Milly. Time for bed methinks. Nighty night.
Ralph snoozing




No comments:

Post a Comment